Chugiak Volunteer Fire and Rescue Co., Inc.
You have reached the website of Chugiak Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company Co., Inc. Here you will find information about our organization and the services we've provided since 1952 to the residents and businesses of Chugiak, Alaska. The Chugiak Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company Co., Inc. provides fire protection and EMS. Response to an area of approximately 50 square miles and a population around 14,000. You will also find safety and fire prevention information that you can use in your everyday life.
For all technical issues regarding our website, more information, or to send us your comments, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2009 Chugiak Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company Co., Inc.
This page was last updated: December 14, 2015
Put A Freeze On Winter Fires
The National Fire Protection Association has put together a nice infographic with some great tips on keeping your family safe this winter season. Please see the link below to learn how to take simple steps to keep your household Fire Wise all winter long.
Below are some links to some helpful information that can help you prevent fires throughout the holidays.
Happy Holidays from our family to yours. Help keep your family and friends safe by following these safety tips. This way everyone can have a happy and safe Holiday Season.
Facts about home holiday fires:
- One of every three home Christmas tree fires is caused by electrical problems.
- Although Christmas tree fires are not common, when they do occur, they are more likely to be serious. On average, one of every 31 reported home structure Christmas tree fires results in a death compared to an average of one death per 144 total reported home structure fires.
- A heat source too close to the tree causes roughly one in every four of Christmas tree fires.
- More than half (56 percent) of home candle fires occur when something that can catch on fire is too close to the candle.
- December is the peak time of year for home candle fires.
Source: National Fire Protection Association